“It is a beautiful truth that all men contain something of the artist in them. And perhaps it is the case that the greatest artists live and die, the world and themselves alike ignorant what they possess.” -Walt Whitman (“Talk to an Art-Union”)⠀
- A great infographic on the twenty habits of eventual millionaires. Aspiring millionaires aside, it’s twenty great habits for Imperfectionists as well.
- I’m halfway through The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, and it’s the book I wish I had read 5 years ago. Join me at The Imperfectionist Book Club.
- Our favorite podcast this week: Krista Tippet’s On Being interview with Alain de Botton: “We don’t need people to be perfect is the good news. We just need people to be able to explain their imperfections to us in good time, before they’ve hurt us too much with them, and with a certain degree of humility.”
- And while we’re on the topic of Alain, pick up a copy of his newest book, The Course of Love, which I think will be an Imperfectionist Book Club read very soon. Or get lost in his School of Life Channel. I’m guilty of watching the videos for two hours at a time.
- Stop looking for the perfect partner because s/he doesn’t exist. And if you’ve already found your partner, he/she is probably the wrong person (but that’s okay).