“Not giving a fuck does not mean being indifferent; it means being comfortable with being different.” -Mark Manson (The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck)
- The key to happiness? Simplify. Outside Magazine gives us 12 ways to declutter our lives.
- Next up for the Imperfectionist Book Club: A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy by William B. Irvine.
- 29 lessons that Ryan Holiday learned from Tyler Cowen. My biggest takeaway? Read Tyler’s newest book, The Complacent Class.
- What do writers really do when they write? George Saunders tells us: “The actual process, in my experience, is much more mysterious and more of a pain in the ass to discuss truthfully.”
- My favorite Ted Talk this week: Caroline Paul tells us to encourage adventure to raise brave girls. “I am not against fear. I know it’s an important emotion, and it’s there to keep us safe. But the problem is when fear is the primary reaction that we teach and encourage in girls whenever they face something outside their comfort zone.” Follow up the talk to Caroline’s new book, The Gutsy Girl: Escapades for Your Life of Epic Adventure.