“You can’t please everybody. You should worry if you are pleasing everybody.” –Jonathan Franzen
- Austin Kleon’s rolodex project. I’m a fan of analog projects, and the rolodex opens up many options for the ideas I like to collect. The first will probably be a collection of my favorite imperfectionist quotes.
- Book I’m looking forward to reading: Option B by Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant. I’m a huge fan of Adam Grant (we’ll be reading Give and Take and Originals for The Imperfectionist Book Club soon), and Sheryl Sandberg, the COO of Facebook and author of Lean In is practically a household name. After Sheryl unexpectedly lost her husband while on vacation, she paired up with Adam to write a book on building resilience in preparation for facing adversity. From reading sections of the book, it seems like a powerful read, and I enjoyed listening to Adam and Sheryl talk to Krista Tippett about their new book.
- Reading is a big part of my life. This article at GQ includes most of the methods I use to read more often. The most helpful for me: Waking up early to read for an hour or two in the morning, reading multiple books at one time, the meticulous note-taking system I use for reading non-fiction, and tracking what I read on Goodreads.
- A great Medium article on how to learn like Elon Musk.
- “Two Bad Bricks,” provides an important lesson to perfectionists: often, our perception of our mistakes and imperfections blinds us.