How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” -Annie Dillard (The Writing Life)
- Reading is so important to me that I’ll be giving away a series of books in Imperfect Giveaways in the coming months. I’m starting with two free copies of The Dip by Seth Godin, which will be our next Imperfectionist Read. Imperfect your inbox (if you haven’t already done so) and send me an email with a book you’d like to see on our reading list. I’ll send the books to the first two people who live in the US to respond, and I’ll send postcards to the first 10 people who respond regardless of where you live. I look forward to hearing from you!
- Put aside your dreams and be willing to hear and heed criticism by Ryan Holiday.
- An artist in Germany is creating a Parthenon of 100,000 banned books as a monument to democracy and intellectual freedom.
- Podcast I enjoyed: The Ezra Klein Show with Cal Newport. Ezra asks Cal many questions about how to remain focused in an increasingly distracted world. They discuss many of the concepts in Cal’s book Deep Work, which we’ll be reading in the Book Club soon.
- There’s a new Museum of Failure in Sweden that highlights some of the biggest commercial flops. It’s a perfect companion to our Failogue series.