“We are simply not paying enough attention to notice that we are not paying attention.” -Henepola Gunaratana
This week’s posts were inspired by quotes we loved by Ralph Waldo Emerson, Susan Sontag, Rainer Maria Rilke, Vincent van Gogh, Teddy Roosevelt, and Ursula K. Le Guin. We’d love to hear what you think. Send us an email or tweet to us!
Here are some things we thought were worth sharing this week:
- Sadly, we must say goodbye to Every Frame a Painting, which was one of our favorite YouTube Channels. It changed how we think about films.
- 10 of the world’s most creative cities. Not surprisingly, NYC is at the top of the list.
- Favorite comic this week, which pairs well with our article on “Inventing Our Lives”:
- Reading at work, according to Seth Godin (p.s. includes a great book list)
- Favorite podcast this week: Tim Ferriss’ interview with Jonathan Fields on The Good Life Project. It really is Tim Ferriss like you’ve never heard him before.
- Speaking of Tim, we just picked up his new book, Tribe of Mentors, and we’re looking forward to all the nuggets. He asks 130+ of the world’s top performers questions on their failures, their most gifted books, and more.
- Put away your credit cards before you read The Mission’s Top 75 Gifts for 2017.
- How the index card catalogued the world, which makes us think of Ryan Holiday’s notecard system for reading.